Version 1.1.0 has been released
Posted on October 29, 2022 • 2 minutes • 398 words
I’m happy to share with you this new release of Gitnuro, which is a refinement over 1.0 to improve the UX and add some new features.
- Stage & unstage lines individually.
- Diff can now compared side by side (old - new).
- Images will no longer be stretched and clicking on them will open them in your default image viewer.
- Added support for animated images (GIF & WebP).
- Support for external credentials manager (It requires specifing the full path to the credentials manager. See https://github.com/JetpackDuba/Gitnuro/issues/16)
- Increased recent repositories count to 10 .
- Lists scrolling improved (affects all the lists like commits history, blame, changed files, etc.)
- Buttons & text fields use a design more fit for desktop usage.
- Tabs can now be scrolled when overflowing.
- Tabs are now easier to click on by removing unnecessary spacing at the top.
- Improved dialogs UX to add more information about certain operations, specially helpful for users with less experience using Git.
- Contextual menus are renewed. Now entries are grouped and many have icons to make them easier to identify.
- Small tweaks in how UI components are displayed when the screen has a lower resolution or the window is smaller.
- Tweaked colors of light & dark theme.
- Adjusted some components to improve their cohesion (uncommited changes & commit changes).
- Newly added remotes were being ignored during a “Fetch all” operation.
- Search not scrolling to the correct line
- Files names being cut instead of cutting as much as possible from the path.
- Rebase interactive & reverse commits were failing without showing any feedback to the user.
- Autorefresh when detecting changes in the Git directory has been temporarily disabled due to performance issues & specific issues with inotify in Linux. Use F5 (or the option in the actions menu) to refresh the tab state. Release 1.2 will fix this as it has got high priority.
- Themes JSON has changed and is not compatible with previous releases. Check the readme to get the latest version. The JSON will probably be changed again for release 1.2 until the colors palette is “stabilized”.
- Available as Flatpak here or by running
flatpak install --user com.jetpackduba.Gitnuroif you have Flatpak & Flathub already setup.
- JAR file can be executed as a portable version (Requires JRE 17).
- ZIP which contains the app bundle.
- Using hombrew:
brew install jetpackduba/apps/gitnuro